How to Remain Calm When the World is in Chaos
- Do the headlines have your anxiety on high alert?
- Are you scared to leave your house and go to therapy?
- Does Coronavirus have you losing sleep?
- Are you struggling to remain calm when all the world is in chaos?
Friend, I totally get it.
On Sunday, as our church gathered online for the first time, I placed my face in my hands, crying, “God, this is so scary.”
Living in the tension of staying informed, hoping the government is doing all they can, and trusting God is hard work these days.
I know what it’s like to have those moments when the worry, stress, and anxiety seems like it will cause this whole thing to derail.
But I’ve also been preparing for this kind of chaos for a long time. Thanks to a great support system and years of therapy, I’ve learned some simple, practical, and powerful ways to remain calm on the inside, even when the whole world is in chaos.
To be clear: I’m not a doctor, therapist, or mental health professional. My expertise is as a survivor of deep suffering. These days, I’m putting my years of pastoral ministry, plus my training as a wellness coach to great use, helping overwhelmed people learn to come up for air and catch their breath.
My typical clients are desperate to find ways to embrace their mental, spiritual, and emotional health. The assessments, worksheets, and action guides I’m including in this brand-new “Catching Your Breath Toolkit” are my twenty favorite resources to share with folks on the sacred journey from chaos to calm.
I know these tools work because my clients keep returning, saying things like this:
“Sometimes we're so deep into our state of drowning that we can't see where to go for air. My conversation with Steve was the guiding light to give direction to the surface. I recommend this to anyone swept away by the current of an overwhelming situation or life.” - Connie
“Before I contacted Steve for help I felt frustrated and blocked. After working with him I knew how to conquer my fears. Steve is a warm and caring person who will guide you to the best version of you.” - Sarah
- Maybe you can’t get to therapy right now, due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Perhaps you can’t afford it because your hours have been cut.
- Or maybe your transportation is an issue.
- You might think you can’t afford the kinds of resources you need.
Again, I’m not a doctor, therapist, or mental health professional, but as a guy who has walked through a living hell, and survived, I’ve created the exact types of tools I needed when my world was falling apart.
And the best part is, I’m offering these to you for whatever amount you can afford.
My “Name Your Price” model is a virtual tip jar.
- Flat broke, or scared of the next several weeks without work? Don’t pay a dime! (No, really.)
- Got a little more than most, and want to share some spare change? Thank you.
- Feeling generous? Follow your heart.
Please don’t let money get in the way of finding healing for your mental, spiritual, and emotional health. These tools are available for you right now. Please don’t click off of this screen without downloading them today.
Can you imagine what it might feel like to take a deep breath?
- Imagine embracing calm today.
- Imagine a little bit of solitude right now.
- Imagine sitting in stillness for a few minutes each day.
- Imagine having practical, actionable ways to embrace wholeness.
"I always want to be seen and heard, to feel less crazy. And I always need practical steps, broken into small chunks, so I can see what needs to be done to achieve my goal. Somehow, Steve Austin manages to do all three things, which is why he is an amazing wellness coach." - Brandon
- My Amazon bestseller, Catching Your Breath. (e-book)
- The Catching Your Breath study guide.
- Stress Wheel of Life Worksheet
- 50 Simple Stress-Relieving Strategies Action Guide
- Am I Depressed? Assessment
- Depression Checklist
- Living with Depression and Anxiety Action Guide
- Depression Solutions Worksheet
- Depression Safety Plan Worksheet
- Depression Recovery Worksheet
- Self Care Assessment
- Proactive Path to Self Care Action Guide
- Handling Emotional Triggers Effectively Action Guide
- Healing Painful Childhood Memories Through Journaling Action Guide
- Anxiety Self Assessment
- Reducing Anxiety Meditation (mp3)
- Anxiety Journal Worksheet
- Beating Worry and Anxiety Action Guide
- Anxiety and Unresolved Issues Action Guide
- Serenity Checklist
Action Guides: These proven strategies will get you right into the action, of taking back your life, and giving yourself permission to breathe again.
Checklists: I know your time is limited. I know you don’t want to spend time doing anything you’re not supposed to be doing. That’s what tried-and-true checklists are for, to keep you on track.
Assessments: If you’re looking for a visual way to check in with yourself about your self-care, stress, anxiety, or depression, these simple assessments will give you a great starting point.
Exclusive Facebook Group: Get access to my “Catching Your Breath Community” on Facebook, so that every day you have a place to turn to get help from people just like you. You won’t waste any time because you’re stuck on some little question or because you’re having an off day. You’ll have a place to turn for answers, inspiration, and feedback so you can always keep moving toward wholeness.
The Price: Again, because we’re all in this together, there is no set price. My “Pay What You Can” model is simply an online tip jar. Using your debit, credit, or PayPal, you can simply donate whatever amount feels right to you. And if you don’t have a dime to spare, it’s okay! I just want to help you stay sane in these chaotic times.
Click the button and start embracing your mental, spiritual, and emotional health today.
I’m in your corner,