Mental Health Resources
For immediate help call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room
- 1National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 800.273. (TALK) 24 hrs/day with services for veterans and Spanish speakers
- 2National Association for Mental Illness (NAMI)
- 3American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP)Support groups, online training, advocacy
- 4Samaritans Helpline – 877.870.4673 (HOPE) call or text. Available 24/7
- 5The Trevor Project – 866.488.7386 – for LGBT youth
- 6Trans Lifeline – 877.565.8860 for transgender people staffed by people who are themselves transgender
- 7Copline -800.267.5463 for police officers, staffed by volunteer police officers, crisis services 24/7
- 8RAINN – National Sexual Assault Hotline Lifeline – 800.656.4673. Chat via hotline.rainn.org
- 9Text services
Crisis text line – 741741. Staffed by volunteers
firstname.lastname@example.org (response within 12 hours)
Lifeline Crisis Chat
- 10Website supports
Chronic Suicide support forum
TWLOHA – connect to mental health resources in your community twloha.com/find-help
National Eating Disorders Association – 800.931.2237. Chat – myneda.org
Seize the Awkward – seizetheawkward.org (how to talk with loved ones about mental health issues)
My3App – Define your network and your plan to stay safe my3app.or
- 11Learn how to save a life - qprinstitute.com
I’m so excited to share this brand-new resource guide and 5-day devotional for loving people with mental illness.
This is the perfect beginner resource for church leaders, school administrators, parents, friends - literally anyone who cares about someone with a mental illness and wants to know how to love them well.
And here’s a newsflash: since 1-in-5 will encounter some kind of mental illness in their lifetime, that means nearly ALL of us know someone who could use a little extra love.
To download this free resource guide and 5-day devotional, just sign up with your email address below. You'll also receive my free monthly newsletter, with resources for your mental, spiritual, and emotional health.